ABOUT AIRBNB CANADA
Traveling, enjoying great accommodations, saving money and making friends. What's not to love? Airbnb is a travel website that connects people looking for lodgings with those looking to host. Featuring accommodations across the world, the site allows users to narrow their search by date, type of accommodations, price, etc. So whether it's a private villa in Greece or a tree house in Costa Rica, you can find our perfect accommodations and maybe even make a friend along the way.
Airbnb was started in 2008 in San Francisco by two roommates, Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia. The initial idea came up during the Industrial Design Conference, when many attendees were unable to find accommodations due to a lack of availability at local hotels. Chesky and Gebbia set up a site called Airbedandbreakfast.com, offering a room, breakfast and business networking opportunities to lodgers. At the time, the pair was unable to afford their own apartment and put up the lodgers in their living room on air mattresses.
Before long, the pair was joined by a third co-founder, Nathan Blecharczyk, and began promoting their idea to investors. By 2009, the site's name was shortened to Airbnb.ca and the list of properties expanded to include entire homes, castles, teepees, tree houses and other unique accommodations. Currently, the website has over 1 million listings in 34,000 cities and over 190 countries worldwide!
Airbnb.ca is incredibly user-friendly and visually appealing. With clear icons, large, sharp images and a logical layout, the site is easy to navigate. The main page prompts users to enter where they would like to go, when and for how long. From there, the site will provide a list of option which can be further narrowed down by price range, room type (shared room, private room or entire home) as well as various amenities such as WiFi, kitchen access and even host language.
For those specifically looking for unique accommodations, Airbnb.ca offers a list of "Airbnb Picks" which includes handpicked locations such as windmills, castles, igloos, tree houses and even vans. Not sure if that igloo will make for a romantic vacation? Almost all lodgings on Airbnb have reviews from previous guests. Read the feedback, flip through the pictures, or contact the hosts with your questions! Your perfect home-away-from-home is out there!
Airbnb Canada is a great place for deal-hunters, as it provides countless options that will beat the price of any hotel. Busy urban centers such as Toronto and New York typically have long lists of rooms and shared accommodations that can save the avid deal-hunter hundreds of dollars off their stay.
Yet the money-saving doesn't stop there. Airbnb.ca frequently publishes deals and coupons that can save users an additional percentage or dollar amount off their booking, so be sure to check Dealguild.com before making your reservation. Past deals have included:
- Get 30% off $100 or more on new bookings
- Save $50 on any trip
- Book 2 nights, get 1 free
- Get $100 discount in New York
Redeeming Airbnb deals is easy and can save a pocketful of cash. Follow these quick steps to get the savings:
- Click on the deal you'd like to use from the list of available Airbnb deals on Dealguild.com. Airbnb will automatically open in a new tab.
- If the deal does not involve a coupon code, proceed to the Airnbn.ca site and book your accommodations as usual. The deal will apply automatically.
- If the deal involves a coupon, copy the coupon from the Dealguild.com page and then head over to Airbnb.ca to find your perfect home-away-from-home.
- Once you've found The One, click "Request to Book".
- If you do not have an Airbnb account, follow the steps to register. Once your account has been created, you will be taken to the "Payment" step of your booking.
- On the right-hand side of the Payment page, you will see a box with your booking summary. Click on the "Coupon Code" link right above your booking total.
- Paste your coupon code into the field and click "Apply". The page will refresh with your new total.
Have a great trip!
- Airbnb on Facebook: Join a great community of fellow travelers and adventure-seekers. An excellent resource for those looking for holiday ideas, travel tips and more. Follow Airbnb on Facebook for suggestions on places to stay and things to see around the world.
- Airbnb on Twitter: Follow Airbnb on Twitter for frequent tweets on travel, lifestyle, hospitality and more.
- Airbnb on Pinterest: This Pinterest account will make you want to book the next flight out. Pictures from beautiful spots around the world as well as some jaw-dropping places to stay on your travels.
- Airbnb on Instagram: Another bustling account from Airbnb that will make you want to quit your day job. Beautiful shots of some of the most unique, inviting places to stay around the world.
- Airbnb on Google Plus: A great place to connect with Airbnb. Plenty of videos, links, updates and conversations to keep you in the loop on everything travel-related.
- Airbnb on YouTube: Not sure about how Airbnb works or if it's even your thing? Check out the videos on Airbnb's YouTube channel for testimonials, interviews with hosts, keynote speeches from Airbnb founders and more.
- Airbnb on LinkedIn: Learn more about the company and see the people behind the Airbnb business.
Contact Airbnb through the direct form on their website.