Since it first came on the scene in 1994, Amazon has become synonymous with online shopping, great customer service and unbeatable online deals. These days, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn't heard of the online retail giant or purchased something using their retail platform.
All you really need to know when shopping on Amazon is that it's huge. That's right - enormous! The e-retail giant serves 7 countries, and operates over 20 fulfillment centers around the world. The warehouse space alone covers a whopping 9 million square feet. With so much scope and reach, you can expect to find almost anything you want on the popular website. From household basics, clothing, electronicsall the way to specialty items to services, Amazon is an e-retail dream.
At its start, Amazon was a retailer of books, with the very first book shipped out in 1995 from Jeff Bezos' garage. The charismatic founder did not stop there, however. With a passion for business and a zest for innovation, Bezos quickly took Amazon into unchartered territory using patented e-commerce processes and cutting-edge retail software.
Today, Amazon sells just about everything you can imagine. Employing a sophisticated multi-level e-commerce strategy, Amazon maximizes the scope of its offering, by partnering with third party retailers who are then able to offer their products using the Amazon.ca platform. This makes shopping on Amazon one of the most comprehensive e-retail experiences, with millions of items available to you right at your fingertips!
Navigating Amazon's complex retail landscape can be a challenge. And while Amazon.ca has an intuitive layout, the sheer scope of the products offered makes finding the deals hard at times. Here are some good places to look for bargains on Amazon.ca:
- Deals Store: Located in the navigation bar to the left of the Amazon.ca logo, the deals store is a treasure trove of discounts. You will find a huge selection of items, usually at around 50% off.
- Amazon Warehouse Deals: Located on the very bottom of the page, below the Amazon.ca logo, the Warehouse Deals section is a part of Amazon that specializes in returned, refurbished and warehouse-damaged products. You will find a large selection of products, ranging from electronics to pet supplies, with great deals that will get you your items at a fraction of the original price. Amazon ensures that all products are in great working condition before selling them, and backs the products in this section by its return policy.
- Amazon.ca's rewards Visa: If you shop on Amazon.ca frequently, this Visa can earn you some money toward your purchases. With 1% earned with every $1 spent anywhere Visa is accepted and 2% on every $1 spent on Amazon.ca, the cash you get back can be substantial if you tend to buy big ticket items!
- Check for coupons: This is one of the easiest ways to save on your purchase. Always check Dealguild.com for possible coupon codes and special promotions that you can apply to your Amazon.ca order. The coupons usually apply to specific categories or items (as opposed to site-wide), but you never know when a deal might come up for the very item you're looking to purchase!
Usually the ways to save on Amazon.ca will not involve any more than just logging on and checking the deals in the aforementioned sections! Even when you're not buying from the Deals Store or the Warehouse Deals section, the regular prices on Amazon tend to compete with other Canadian retailers like Walmart. So, in short, if you're buying it on Amazon, you're most likely already getting a deal!
However, if you did find a deal on this page that you would like to use toward your purchase, click on it to get redirected to Amazon.ca. If your deal is a sale, such as "Get 25% off fishing equipment now", just shop the fishing section reel in the deal! If your deal is an online coupon follow these quick steps to redeem:
- Click on the deal to reveal the coupon code. Copy the code and head over to Amazon.ca.
- Shop for your items.
- When you're ready to checkout, click on the basket icon near the top right-hand corner of the page. Click "View Cart".
- In your shopping cart, confirm your order and click ""Proceed to Checkout". Amazon.ca will prompt you to sign in to your account or, if you don't have one, create one.
- Follow the next few steps, filling out your shipping information and preferred shipping method.
- Once you've reached the "Select a Payment Method" page, paste your coupon code into the field under "Gift Cards and Promotional Codes". Click "Apply". You've got yourself a deal!
- Amazon.ca on Facebook: If you can't be bothered to check Amazon.ca on a regular basis, this is a great way to stay informed about sweet deals and promotions. "Like" Amazon.ca on Facebook and catch regular posts about hot deals, gift ideas and more. Also, join the conversation with other Amazon users with suggestion for future product offerings, improvements to service, etc.
- Amazon on Twitter: This is a Twitter account for the main Amazon site. While it's not Canada-specific, Canadians can still join in on contests, giveaways and promos. Since most products on Amazon.com will ship to Canada, you can follow this page to see the deals and promos on Amazon.com.
- Amazon on Pinterest: You will find a little bit of everything on this page. See boards dedicated to wedding planning, health and fitness, closet organization, food and drink, etc. Get inspired for your next big Amazon purchase her
Amazon.ca's customer service section is very extensive, with plenty of troubleshooting suggestions and FAQ's. Most of the time, you'll be able to find the answer to your question just by searching by issue. If not, Amazon.ca can also be reached by email, phone or live chat.
In order to contact Amazon.ca, you will need to log into your account. Click on the "Contact Us" button, and select the email, phone or live chat option once you've indicated the issue you're inquiring about!