ABOUT AMERICAN APPAREL CANADA
No one knows how to make cotton tees and fleece hoodies look racy quite like American Apparel. The American clothing manufacturer has become famous for their boundary-pushing advertising and their unique approach to clothing basics, but that's not what keeps customers coming back. Selling everything from underwear to pet clothes, American apparel is a great stop for good quality, comfortable, ethically conscious clothing. American Apparel has similar styles to that of Forever 21.
Founded in 1989 by Canadian-born Dov Charney, the brand started out as a wholesale business selling blank T-shirts to screen printers, uniform companies and fashion brands. Eventually moving out of wholesale and into the retail market, the company soon became one of the fastest-growing businesses in the United States. Constantly expanding their offerings, American apparel continued making the basics for men, women and children, but added other categories including swimwear, dresses, denim, outerwear and accessories.
The American Apparel signature is in its bold colours and simple designs. Most American Apparel clothing is made from cotton and cotton blend materials and features solid colours and simple prints. In addition to their distinctive look, American Apparel clothing is made exclusively in the USA. The company is vehemently anti-sweatshop and supports various workers' rights movements.
American Apparel is a vertically integrated company, which basically means the company avoids outsourcing by handling every part of their business themselves. This includes design, production, advertising and every other aspect of the business. By keeping everything including production in-house, American Apparel is able to achieve a fast turnaround between design and sale, thereby increasing their profit margins. The company uses the success of their system as a part of their advocacy against sweat shops.
As with most clothing retailers, something is always on sale. American Apparel shoppers will find a great Clearance section with lots to choose from. With up to 80% off, the deals can be excellent, but the sizes do go fast. When browsing the sale section, you can narrow your search by category, size and even discount percentage.
In addition to sales and promotions on their website, American Apparel will also publish coupons to use on your online order. Coupons will typically get you a percentage off your order, ranging from 10-30% off. Watch Dealguild.com for coupons in the following possible variations:
- Take 30% off your order
- Take a mystery amount off sales items
- Take 15% off hosiery
- Take 15% off turtlenecks
Redeeming your American Apparel deal or coupon is as easy as wearing a basic cotton tee, cotton spandex leggings or unisex pullover jacket. Yes. That easy. To get the deals, follow these quick steps:
- Select your deal from the list of active American Apparel deals on Dealguild.com. Click on the deal to open Americanapparel.ca in a new tab.
- For sale deals, no additional steps are required other than picking your items and enjoying the savings.
- For coupon deals, copy the coupon code from Dealguild.com before heading over to americanapparel.ca for your comfy favourites.
- When you're done shopping, click on the shopping bag link at the top right-hand side of the page select "Checkout" from the pull down window.
- In your bag, review your order and click "Continue". Follow the steps to sign in to your account (or create one) and fill in your shipping information.
- Once you've reached the "Payment" section (step 4), enter your coupon code into the "Promotion Code" field and click "Apply". The page will refresh with your new total.
- American Apparel on Facebook: Retro with a touch of racy. This account sees plenty of action, with frequent photo posts of American Apparel items and outfits. Get ideas on how to style your American Apparel basics and get the scoop on new arrivals and other company info.
- American Apparel on Twitter: Follow American Apparel on Twitter for pictures, store promotions and style tips.
- American Apparel on Instagram: High-waisted denim has never looked so good. Follow American Apparel on Instagram for your daily dose of fashion and ideas for your next shopping trip.
Hours: 6AM-3AM (Monday through Friday)