ABOUT ANCESTRY CANADA
The saying goes: family is a link to our past and a bridge to our future. Ancestry.ca is Canada's largest online genealogical resource that helps Canadians reconnect with their family history. With nearly 130 million searchable Canadian family history records, the site is a great resource for those looking to add branches on to their family tree.
Started in 2006, Ancestry.ca is part of a larger, international Ancestry group that includes sister sites in the US, UK, Germany, Australia, Italy, France and Sweden. The combined Ancestry network has a staggering 9 billion searchable records and over 4 billion member profiles uploaded worldwide. Ancestry.ca allows members access to the entire scope of the Ancestry network, allowing users to make connections with potential relatives in other countries.
Researching your family history can be confusing and frustrating if you don't know where to look or how to document your data. Ancestry.ca makes the process easier by giving users hints and suggestions on where to look for their ancestors as well as the tools to record their finds. Getting started on the site is easy and can potentially lead to instant results.
- Start your trial. Ancestry.ca offers a free 14-day trial that allows users to get an idea of Ancestry sources and start searching the records for relevant information regarding their ancestors.
- Create your family tree. Creating a family tree with known genealogical information allows Ancestry.ca to start making connections and fill in the blanks. Ancestry.ca will show you hints where they think a possible connection can be made.
- Search the Ancestry records. Type in the names of your ancestors, possible dates of birth/death and see what comes up. The wide international network of family records can be a rich resource, especially for those whose lineage traces back to Europe.
It takes a lot of work to amass such a comprehensive collection of historical records and make them available online. As such, Ancestry.ca is a paid service that can get pricy if you plan on using it for a while. Ancestry.ca offers two membership types. The Canadian Deluxe membership allows access to Canadian history records, while the World Deluxe membership gives access to all Canadian and international records. Memberships can be purchased for 1 month, 3 months and 12 months, with the annual membership being the best value at $9.99/month for Canadian Deluxe and $24.99 for World Deluxe.
Perhaps you got your love of bargains from your great-great-grandmother, but you'll need to pay for an Ancestry membership before you can find out. Before you dive into a paid membership option, be sure to take advantage of the 14-day free trial deal. If your family has roots that lay beyond Canada and Europe, it's possible that Ancestry.ca will have few records of interest to you.
In addition to the 14-day trial, Ancestry.ca has occasional promotions that will give you a percentage off the cost of a membership or a percentage off the Ancestry DNA kit. Past coupons and promos have included:
- Enjoy 40% off memberships for a limited time
- Get 35% off the Deluxe Canadian Membership when you sign up for one year
- Get 20% off the DNA kit
Occasionally, Ancestry.ca will extend the free trial period to 30 days, so if you think you might need more time to decide if Ancestry.ca is right for you, keep your eyes peeled for that promotion. Note that all discounts on memberships will be in the form of promotions, as Ancestry.ca does not offer coupon codes toward the membership price.
Applying Ancestry.ca deals and promotions is easy and will have you searching the database for your relatives in no time at all. First, choose the deal you want from the list of active Ancestry.ca deals. Once you've clicked on the deal, Ancestry.ca will automatically open. If the deal you're interested in is a sale or promotion on Ancestry.ca, no additional steps are needed - just head over to Ancestry.ca and enjoy the promotion
If the deal you chose involves a coupon, follow these quick steps:
- Copy the revealed coupon code from the Dealguild.com page before heading over to Ancestry.ca.
- On the Ancestry.ca page you will see the product options (whether it's a DNA kit or the Family Tree Maker software). Select the quantity, download version and any other additional options. On the bottom of the page, paste your coupon code into the "Special Discount" field and click "Update Price". Your page will refresh to reflect your new total.
- Ancestry.ca on Facebook: This is a fun spot for those looking to fill out their family tree or those just interested in history in general. Join engaging conversations, see pictures of old documents, passenger lists, marriage records, etc. and see what's new at Ancestry.ca. As new records become available, Ancestry.ca will update this page with the details!
- Ancestry.com on Google Plus: This is the Google Plus account for the main Ancestry.com webpage. Although it isn't specifically Canadian, this account features plenty of interesting posts that would be of interest to anyone looking for North American ancestors. Read pertinent articles, get updates on new records and join other history-appreciators in conversation.
- Ancestry.com on YouTube: This is the YouTube account for the main Ancestry site. Watch videos on how to get the most out of Ancestry resources, see how to search for specific records and hear stories from Ancestry users who have successfully found their roots on Ancestry.com.
Tel: 1800 958 9073