ABOUT ANCESTRY CANADA
The saying goes: family is a link to our past and a bridge to our future. Ancestry.ca is Canada's largest online genealogical resource that helps Canadians reconnect with their family history. With nearly 130 million searchable Canadian family history records, the site is a great resource for those looking to add branches on to their family tree.
Started in 2006, Ancestry.ca is part of a larger, international Ancestry group that includes sister sites in the US, UK, Germany, Australia, Italy, France and Sweden. The combined Ancestry network has a staggering 9 billion searchable records and over 4 billion member profiles uploaded worldwide. Ancestry.ca allows members access to the entire scope of the Ancestry network, allowing users to make connections with potential relatives in other countries.
HOW IT WORKS
Researching your family history can be confusing and frustrating if you don't know where to look or how to document your data. Ancestry.ca makes the process easier by giving users hints and suggestions on where to look for their ancestors as well as the tools to record their finds. Getting started on the site is easy and can potentially lead to instant results.
- Start your trial. Ancestry.ca offers a free 14-day trial that allows users to get an idea of Ancestry sources and start searching the records for relevant information regarding their ancestors.
- Create your family tree. Creating a family tree with known genealogical information allows Ancestry.ca to start making connections and fill in the blanks. Ancestry.ca will show you hints where they think a possible connection can be made.
- Search the Ancestry records. Type in the names of your ancestors, possible dates of birth/death and see what comes up. The wide international network of family records can be a rich resource, especially for those whose lineage traces back to Europe.
GETTING THE DEALS
Applying Ancestry.ca deals and promotions is easy and will have you searching the database for your relatives in no time at all. First, choose the deal you want from the list of active Ancestry.ca deals. Once you've clicked on the deal, Ancestry.ca will automatically open. If the deal you're interested in is a sale or promotion on Ancestry.ca, no additional steps are needed - just head over to Ancestry.ca and enjoy the promotion
If the deal you chose involves a coupon, follow these quick steps:
- Copy the revealed coupon code from the Dealguild.com page before heading over to Ancestry.ca.
- On the Ancestry.ca page you will see the product options (whether it's a DNA kit or the Family Tree Maker software). Select the quantity, download version and any other additional options. On the bottom of the page, paste your coupon code into the "Special Discount" field and click "Update Price". Your page will refresh to reflect your new total.