BOUT AVIS CANADA
Whether you don't own your own vehicle, or simply enjoy the reliability and convenience of a car rental for long trips, Avis Rent a Car System (or just Avis) is one of the many options available to you when looking to rent a vehicle. The American company has been known for its customer service and stress-free car rental experience that caters to its customers' individual needs.
Founded in 1946 by Warren Avis, the company initially operated out of an airport and was the first car rental business to cater specifically to travelers. Soon, the company opened more locations at several other airports across the US, and by 1953, Avis had franchises in Canada, Europe and Mexico. During the first years of business, Avis featured a fleet of exclusively GM vehicles. As the company grew, the lineup expanded to include other popular car brands, as well as a number of exotic and luxury vehicles.
In recent years, Avis has been named "leading car rental company in customer loyalty" by the Brand Keys® Customer Loyalty Engagement Index. With over 4,900 worldwide locations, Avis is definitely a recognizable brand, with plenty of satisfied, returning customers. There are quite a few car rental places, if you can't find what you are looking for at Avis.ca. You could check out Discount Car, Thrifty Rent-A-Car, Airport Rental Cars and others.
Avis makes securing your car rental an easy task through its Canadian website Avis.ca. The site has a user-friendly layout that places all the info you might need right at your fingertips. Reservations can be made with a few clicks right off the main page, and additional info can be found in the top navigation bar; find your nearest Avis location, see current deals and learn more about Avis' fleet.
At the bottom of the home page, you can find additional options and info. Be sure to check out the links for the Avis Preferred and Avis First programs. The perks of the programs are great and those who rent with Avis frequently may want to read more and consider signing up.
Part of having great customer service is getting your customers great deals. Avis makes no secret of their promotions. Avis.ca has a section dedicated entirely to deals, where prospective renters an find great offers like "Pay now and save up to 30%" and "Save 10% on a monthly rental". Deals are usually limited time offers, so be sure to note the expiry date if you plan on taking advantage of the promo at a later point in time.
Of course, if you could get all the deals on Avis.ca, there would be no need for Dealguild.com! Here on this page you will find Canadian coupon codes for Avis rentals, special promotions and other offers that may not be published on Avis.ca. Previous deals have included:
- Take $15 off a 3-day rental
- Rent a GPS 3+ days, get 1 day free
- 20% off when you rent a four-wheel drive car
- Get 25% off your rental
- Get $25 off weekly rentals
If you tend to use rental services often, be sure to register your email on this page. We will send you the latest Canadian offers from Avis right to your inbox!
Getting the deals is as easy as cruising down the highway in a clean, reliable Avis vehicle. Once you've spotted a deal you'd like to use, note whether the deal is a sale or an online coupon. Sale deals are typically promotions that are active on Avis.ca, so clicking the deal will take you to the applicable page on the Avis website where you can take advantage of the discounted rental price or special promotion.
Online coupons are redeemed during the reservation process. For starters, click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code. Head over to Avis.ca and start making your reservation right off the main page. Enter your dates and pickup location. In the "Optional Information" section, check off the "I have a discount code" box. Paste your code into the "Coupon Code" field and click "View Rates". Your discount will be applied to the rates you see on the next page.
- Avis Canada on Facebook: Cars, vacations and helpful tips. This page from Avis is a great place to connect with other car renters and start mapping your next road trip.
- Avis Canada on Twitter: See what other Twitter users are tweeting @Avis. Also catch contests and promotional events for your chance to win great prizes!
- Avis Canada on Pinterest: Check out some cool road trip gadgets, discover new road trip destinations and take a look at the Avis fleet. This is a great Pinterest account to follow if you like being on the road.
- Avis Canada on YouTube: Get inspired by videos from Avis' "What Drives You" ad campaign. Hear how Avis helps get young entrepreneurs like Alexis Maybank (Gilt.com) and Blake Mycoskie (Toms.ca) get to wherever they need to go to grow their vision.
- Avis Canada on LinkedIn: Learn more about the company and see if a career with Avis might be right for you.