ABOUT BLURB CANADA
Author Salman Rushdie once said, "A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it or offer your own version in return." Blurb.ca is a revolutionary company that allows you to do just that - publish your own thoughts and ideas and make them available to millions of readers all over the world. Created with the idea that everyone has a little streak of creative genius waiting to be unleashed, Blurb allows users to easily design, publish and distribute their work. If you're looking for some entertainment, then give it a go.
Blurb, Inc. was founded in 2005 by Eileen Gittins. The San Francisco based company quickly began revolutionizing the world of self-publishing, by offering innovative solutions to writers who wanted bookstore-quality prints without the big publishing house deal. Blurb's system allows users to publish as little as one copy of their work, without compromising on quality and service.
Over the years, Blurb has won several awards and made it onto several lists that serve as a testament to the company's success and achievement. Since its start, the company has created over 2 million books on every topic and in every format imaginable. Attracting writers, photographers, cooks and virtually anyone wanting to share their thoughts with the world, Blurb is a bustling hub of creativity, always ready for your next big idea.
With so many self-publishing options out there, you might wonder what sets Blurb apart from the competition. For starters, Blurb is a long-standing veteran when it comes to the world of online publishing. Many of the technologies and ideas used by its competitors were brought to you, first and foremost, by Blurb. The company offers a user-friendly, seamless experience when it comes to transferring your ideas, illustrations, photos and text onto your computer screen and then onto the printing press. Some of our favourite Blurb features include:
- An online tools that allows users to make books from their Instagram and Facebook feeds
- Seamless integration with programs like Adobe, InDesign and Lightroom
- A flexible platform that allows users to create print books, eBooks and even magazines
- Full author control over ideas, designs, sales, etc.
- Global distribution options
Unlike many other publishing options, the prices of publication on Blurb.ca will not require you to sell your house and take out a loan. As a part of their mission to make quality publications accessible to all, Blurb offers great prices when it comes to creating your very own book, eBook or magazine. Blurb.ca offers volume discounts when printing more than 10 books. The deals get better the more items you're printing, so be sure to calculate your prices based on the number of copies you're planning on ordering.
In addition to the volume discounts you'll find on Blurb.ca, the company also offers occasional coupons and deals that will get you $ off your order, so be sure to check Dealguild.com for the latest promos. Past coupons have included:
- Get 20% off your order (up to $50)
- Get 25% when you buy 3 or more books
- Get 30% off orders over $120
- Save 20% off any order
You know what's almost as satisfying as seeing your ideas come to life through beautiful, quality print? Knowing that you got a great deal on those shiny, new copies!
To take advantage of deals and promos, simply click on the deal you'd like to use. If your deal is a promotion or sale on Blurb.ca, the applicable page will automatically open in a new tab on your browser. Sale and promo deals are already applied to the prices and will not require any extra steps to redeem!
If your deal involves a coupon, follow these quick steps to get your savings:
- Click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code to your clipboard. You'll need it later!
- Head over to Blurb.ca and start putting together your masterpiece. This might take a while...
- Once you've finalized your book format, layout, etc., you can select your desired custom options (type of paper, embossed cover, etc.) and head over to checkout
- Follow the steps in the checkout process, entering your personal information as required.
- When you get to Step. 2 of the checkout process (Payment Options), click on the "Enter Promo or Gift Code" link near the center of your page. Paste your coupon code into the field. Click "Apply Code". Your page will update with your new total!
Note: Since larger books may require a few days worth of work to make them look just right, you may choose to save your work and continue later. Keep in mind that coupon codes do expire, so make sure you take advantage of the coupon before the deal runs out!
- Blurb on Facebook: Have a passion for books and savings? Why not combine them! Join the Blurb Facebook group to keep updated on the latest deals and promos. Enjoy many informative posts from the company, providing insight into the historical origins of books and art in general.
- Blurb on Twitter: Feeling like a little break from that novel you're writing and looking to publish with Blurb? Follow the Blurb Twitter account for some 140-character wisdoms: Reflections on print vs. electronics, links to cool videos pertaining to books and art, lots of ways to connect and be inspired.
- Blurb on Google Plus: Want to engage in some meaningful discussion on various art-related topics with fellow book lovers? Follow Blurb on Google Plus and engage with other fans on the various topics the company posts to inspire its users. Not to mention some good know-how for those looking to make some money from their literature.
Mo-Fr 6am to 6pm PST