ABOUT CANADA POST
If you live in Canada, you've no doubt heard about Canada Post. The crown corporation is the country's primary postal service and is (surprise!) behind all those letters and parcels you've been getting in your mailbox. Canada Post provides service across Canada to over 14 million addresses, processing about 9 billion pieces of mail each year!
Perhaps the lesser-known side of Canada Post is its online store, which sells a variety of postal-related products to the public. The shop is divided into two main areas, the first selling supplies and the other selling collectibles. In the supply category, one can expect a variety of useful items including stamps, mailing and shipping supplies. The collectible category has a variety of collectible stamps, coins and display cases that are perfect as gifts for the coin or stamp collector in your life.
The Canada Post shop can be found off the main CanadaPost.ca website, under the Products & Services category. Coin collectors should note that all of the coins featured in the Canada Post shop (and more!), can also be found at Canadian Mint.
Canada Post has occasional deals and discounts on the merchandise sold through their online shop, so watch for coupons that can save you money on your order. Previous deals have included gift cards with a minimum spend, and percentages off your order. Some examples include:
- Get a $10 Esso card when you spend over $88
- Get a free NHL pen when you spend $25 or more on NHL products
- Take 20% off custom stamps
- Get a $30 Tim Horton's gift card with a $300 spend
Redeeming the deals on CanadaPost.ca can be a little tricky, particularly when redeeming coupons. Follow these steps to get the savings:
- Click on the deal you'd like to use. The Canada Post website will open in a new tab on your browser.
- For deals featuring a sale or promotion in the Canada Post shop, proceed to the shop and make your picks as usual. Promotions and sales are applied automatically and there are no extra steps involved.
- For deals featuring a coupon code, remember to copy the code from the Dealguild.com page before you head over to the Canada Post shop.
- Shop for your supplies and/or collectibles. When you're finished, click on the shopping cart link near the top right-hand corner of your screen (below the Canada Post header). A drop-down window will open. Click "View". (Note, if you click Checkout, you will not have the option of using a coupon).
- When your cart opens, review your order and paste your code in the "Do you have a Special Offer Code?" below the item summary. Click "Apply Code".
- Once your page has refreshed with your new total, click "Checkout" and place your order.
- Canada Post on Facebook: Canada Post runs a Facebook page for Canadian stamp collectors. With behind the scenes looks at stamp production, photos from stamp unveilings and features on the artists behind the stamp designs, this is a great spot to check out. Canada Post's regular page has occasional updates on items in their store. Check out the "shop" tab on the page to see the latest offerings.
- Canada Post on Twitter: Canada post uses this Twitter account as a way of resolving issues surrounding their service. Give them a shout if you're having problems or have questions!
Attn: Customer Service
35 Hughes St.
Fredericton NB E3A 2W2
Tel: 1-877-632-6347 (Mo-Fr: 7a-9p)