ABOUT CARE.COM IN CANADA
Whether you're a parent, a pet owner, a home owner or have an elderly loved one you look after, the people at Care.com know that everyone needs a little help sometimes. Helping hands are plenty on Care.com, with thousands of options available across Canada. The website allows users to search for a long list of caregiver profiles to find the perfect pair of helping hands for their specific need.
Finding the right person to care for your children, loved ones or pets can be a tricky, delicate process. After all, whether you're looking for a pet sitter or a housekeeper, you are inviting a stranger into your home. Care.com wants to make the search easier by cutting out a lot of steps from the searching process. Most Care.com profiles feature detailed information including photos, qualifications, hourly rates, availability, background checks and more.
While browsing profiles and posting a job-seekers' profile on Care.com is free, getting full-access to the website in order to contact prospective helpers requires users to subscribe to a payment plan. Although the cost can be high, the price is well worth it if you do happen to find that perfect, qualified caregiver.
Subscribing to Care.com and paying the associated fees will allow users to contact caregivers as well as view their full profiles, including certificates and any other documents on their profile. Care.com offers 3 subscription options to its users:
- 1 Month: $45
- 3 Months: $90
- 12 Months: $135
Deciding the right plan for you can be a tough call. While the 12-month option obviously offers the best value, there is no telling whether finding the perfect person for your job will take you one year or one week. If you tend to need help frequently (i.e. a family looking for occasional babysitters), the 12-month plan may a good option.
When we see subscription fees, we at Dealguild ask: Are there deals to make this service cheaper? The answer is almost always yes! Care.com does offer occasional deals and promotions that get users percentages off the cost of a membership. Previous deals have included:
- Get 20% off the cost of a premium* membership
- Save 25% off the price of a premium membership
- Enjoy a mystery discount of up to 20% off
- *Premium memberships are all paid memberships, regardless of the subscription duration.
Redeeming your deal or coupon is easy and can save you money, so be sure to follow the steps:
- Click on the deal you'd like to use toward your Care.com membership. The Care.com website will automatically open in a new tab on your browser.
- If your deal is a promotion on Care.com, the prices of the membership will already be reduced.
- If your deal is a coupon, be sure to copy the revealed coupon code before heading over to the Care.com tab.
- Once on Care.com, select the kind of care you're looking for from the options on the main page and join Care.com by signing up.
- Once you've signed up, you will see a page with the accounts of prospective caregivers in your area. To use your deal toward a premium membership, click on the "Upgrade Now" button at the top right-hand side of your screen.
- A window will open, asking you to input billing information. Click on the "Enter a Promotion Code" link right above your order summary. Paste your code and click "Apply".
NOTE: All plans on Care.com are automatically renewed until canceled, so be sure to go back and cancel your membership once you've hired your caregiver.
- Care.com on Facebook: A great place for parents and caregivers, this Facebook page has many pertinent articles about achieving a work-life balance and getting the right care for your children. Inspirational quotes, surveys and more.
- Care.com on Twitter: See what others are saying about Care.com and get frequent inspirational quotes that will help you stay positive when life gets hectic.
- Care.com on YouTube: There's something for everyone on this YouTube channel. Watch instructional videos on making easy DIY costumes for your little ones, hear real families' experience with Care.com and watch Care.com's CEO and Founder Sheila Marcelo's keynote addresses on today's families, childcare and mothers in the workforce.
- Care.com on Google Plus: A great place for all the latest from the world of parenting. Comment on important issues affecting North American families, answer the "question of the week" and enjoy the occasional chuckle with humourous clips and pictures.
CareZen Family Solutions, Inc.
603 - 1112 West Pender Street,