ABOUT CLEO CANADA
Dressing for success can be intimidating. Shopping for that work-appropriate wardrobe can be downright scary. Cleo is a Canadian retailer for women's clothing that makes shopping for work apparel easy and wallet-friendly. With hundreds of modern, professional pieces, Cleo has Canadian women covered. From the basic pieces every girl needs to the accessories that make each outfit unique, you won't have to scour the mall looking for a moderately-priced blazer ever again.
Cleo's story began in 1952, in a small store on Bank Street in Ottawa. Then called "Irene Hill Women's Wear", the store began attracting dozens of shoppers from surrounding businesses, out on their lunch hour. Appealing to the working woman, the company expanded and opened several more locations in Ottawa and neighbouring Hull, Quebec.
In 1979, Irene Hill Women's Wear was bought by Comark, a large family-owned company from the Netherlands. The chain was renamed "Cleo" and became the sister brand of Ricki's and Bootlegger. Shortly after the acquisition, the retail chain began a rapid expansion across the country. Today, Cleo has over 80 stores across Canada and employs over 1000 people.
Whether you're shopping at a Cleo location or on Cleo.ca, the store is easy to navigate and offers a shopper-friendly experience. With plenty of tips, a "style advisor" with product and outfit recommendations and a wide array of fashion-forward merchandise, Cleo is targeted at the 30+ career woman looking for that easy-to-wear, professional, stylish outfit. Cleo Canada competes with other retailers such as Le Chateau and Ricki's.
If the great-looking apparel isn't enough, Cleo is also involved with the Breast Cancer Society of Canada. Over the years, Cleo has sponsored events, donated money and helped promote the awareness of the disease. To date, Cleo and its customers have raised over $1 million dollars toward breast cancer research and early detection initiatives.
As most clothing stores do, Cleo has frequent sales and promotions that can help you fill your work wardrobe with stylish, beautiful pieces. Promotions will typically feature a specific item or category, such as "30% off women's blouses". Sales can be found in the sale section at Cleo.ca, and usually offer a great selection of pieces at around 30-50% off. Around season's end, shoppers can also check out the clearance section, which will have "last call" apparel at up to 85% off!! The clearance section is a bargain-lover's paradise, so be sure to check back often and snatch up the great pieces before they're gone!
Of course, before heading to Cleo.ca, check Dealguild.com for the latest promotions and coupons. Cleo publishes frequent coupons that offer shoppers free or discounted shipping on their orders. Occasionally, printable coupons will come up with percentages or $ amounts off your in-store purchase. Some past coupons have included:
- Get shipping for $3.99, no minimum
- Get shipping for just $0.99
- Get free shipping on all orders over $40
- Get $10 off any purchase over $15 in-store
Getting the deals on Cleo.ca is easy and can save you a lot of cash. Follow these quick steps to redeem Cleo deals and coupons:
- Click on the deal you'd like to use from the list of deals currently active at Cleo.ca. The store page will open automatically in a new tab.
- If the deal you chose is a promotion or sale on Cleo.ca (i.e. "70% off winter coats" or "30% off select jewelry"), head over to the site and shop the already-reduced prices.
- If the deal you chose has a coupon, ne sure to copy the coupon code from the Dealguild.com page before heading over and starting your shopping.
- Once you're done picking your new favourite work outfit, click on the small bag icon at the top right-hand corner of your page.
- In the shopping bag, verify your order and paste your coupon into the " Promotion Code or Coupon" field at the bottom of your item list. Click "Apply". The page will refresh to reflect your voucher.
Cleo offers its frequent shoppers the option of joining the "My Connection" club. With 1 point earned for every dollar spent at Cleo, shoppers can accumulate points for a $25 reward with every 500 points. Members are also invited to exclusive shopping events and get exclusive perks and style advice. This is a great club to join if you happen to shop at Cleo often!
- Cleo on Facebook: Contests, updates, promotions, style tips. This is a good page to hit up for fashion ideas and a look at the contributions Cleo is making to the Breast Cancer awareness cause.
- Cleo on Pinterest: This Pinterest account is brimming with style. Get inspiration for your next great outfit with shots of the best Cleo looks. Also see some inspiring pictures from events supporting the Breast Cancer Society.
- Cleo on YouTube: A useful channel for anyone needing a little direction to create that perfect look. Watch videos featuring stylist Lynn Spence and find out how to take your clothing from work to weekend or how to put together the perfect fall look.
6789 Millcreek Drive
Mississauga, ON L5N 5M4
Email: [email protected]