ABOUT eHARMONY CANADA
They say that true love has no ending. That may be true, but for thousands of Canadians it certainly has a beginning on eHarmony.ca. The online dating service is one of the most popular in the world, boasting over 33 million worldwide members and a large percentage of the North American dating market. While you may have heard of other dating websites like Match.com and Lavalife, many prefer eHarmony.
eHarmony was founded in 2000, by clinical psychologist Neil Clark Warren and his son-in-law Greg Forgatch. After more than 35 years studying couples, dissecting the inner workings of relationships and figuring out what makes people click, Warren put his research to good use by starting eHarmony.com. Based on Warren's discoveries on partner compatibility, eHarmony requires its members to complete a thorough questionnaire, after which they are matched with prospective partners using a complex software technology.
Overall, eHarmony has developed a great reputation for happy endings. Whether it's the company's unique approach to dating or their prolific advertising, eHarmony has over 15,000 people take their compatibility questionnaire each day! Moreover, a recent study showed that married couples who met on eHarmony were 35% more likely to report being happy in each others' company. Not bad, for a computer-generated match!!
You can't buy love, but that doesn't mean you won't have to pay for your eHarmony.ca subscription! After completing your questionnaire and seeing a list of your prospective matches, eHarmony will prompt you to pay up. Their subscription plan options include:
- $12.95 per month for a 24 month subscription
- $20.95 per month for a 12 month subscription
- $31.95 per month for a 6 month subscription
Plan rates tend to change from time to time, but typically remain within a few dollars of the above prices. Note that there are "basic plans" that offer less features for a few dollars below the aforementioned monthly rates.
Don't dismay, Romeo! Even where love is concerned there are deals to be had. eHarmony.ca holds frequent "free communication" events which allows users to message one another without paying for the membership. The events typically lasts a weekend, which gives prospective lovebirds plenty of time to decide if the service is working! Be sure to take advantage of the free communication promos to get a feel for the eHarmony system.
In addition to the free communication deals, eHarmony releases occasional coupons that get you as much as 60% off their subscription packages. Previous deals have included:
- Get 60% off a 6-month membership
- Get 17% off when you subscribe for 12 months
- Pay only $15.95 for a 12-month subscription
Getting the deals on eHarmony is the easy part. Finding your perfect love match might be a little more difficult. To make use of a promo or coupon code, click on the deal. eHarmony.ca will open in a new page on your browser.
For promotions that don't involve a coupon code, there will be no additional steps required to get your deal. The prices of the subscription packages will be adjusted accordingly and you can sign up and take advantage of the discounted rates.
For promotions involving coupons, click on the deal to reveal the coupon code. Copy it to your clipboard and head over to eHarmony.ca. To start, the website will prompt you to create an account and complete the rather lengthy questionnaire. Once you have answered all the questions, a screen will come up outlining the current rates and subscription options. Select the subscription plan you'd like to buy. Below the subscription options, paste your coupon into the "Promotional Code" field. Click "Go". The page will refresh with your new total.
If you read the fine print, you'll notice that "all eHarmony subscriptions will be automatically renewed 24 hours before they expire." Make a note in your calendar to opt out of your subscription to avoid being on the hook for an additional pay period.
- eHarmony.ca on Facebook: This page will have you thinking about your next date night, with relationship advice, quotes on love and dating as well as interesting articles on related topics.
- eHarmony.ca on Twitter: This account is full of useful info, as well as inspirational quotes, pictures and videos. Hear first about the latest promotions and see what others are saying about their experience with eHarmony.
- eHarmony on Google Plus: This Google Plus account has a little bit of everything! Get relationship advice, read useful blog posts on topics like "what to wear on a first date" or "gift ideas for someone you've recently started dating". Also watch for occasional contests and promotional prices on eHarmony subscriptions.
Hours: 5am - 9pm (Mo-Su)