ABOUT HERTZ CANADA
When it comes to renting a vehicle, price, reliability and customer service are some of the most important features you look for in a rental company. Hertz Rent-a-Car (or just Hertz) has been offering just that for nearly a century and counting!
Founded by Walter L. Jacob in 1918, the company was initially a small Chicago-based operation, offering a few Model T Ford cars for rent to the general public. In 1923, Jacob sold the company to John Hertz, who owned a coach and truck manufacturing company and was looking to branch out into the rental business. Hertz renamed the company "Hertz Drive-Ur-Self System" and began expanding operations across the US.
Today, Hertz is owned by Hertz Global Holdings Inc, along with sister companies Hertz Equipment Rental, Hertz Car Sales and Hertz on Demand. Since 2013, the company has been the largest U.S. car rental company by sales - a success story that reaches far beyond American borders. Herz boasts an international presence in over 145 countries, employing close to 30,000 people worldwide. Hertz Canada competes with companies such as Discount Car or Thrifty Rent-A-Car
Being a member has its perks. This is definitely the case with the Herzl Gold Plus Rewards program, which offers convenience, special pricing and rewards to its members.
Faster pick-up and drop-off: If you tend to rent cars often, this will save you quite a bit of time. Gold Rewards members can beat the lines and quickly pick up and drop off their rentals.
Exclusive discounts: Gold Rewards members frequently receive exclusive discounts and promotional pricing. Even better, members don't pay fees for a second driver and get discounts on child seats.
Rewards points: The Gold Plus Rewards program allows members to collect points with each rental. Points can be redeemed for discounts and free rental days at any time. Want to share the love? Transfer points to your spouse or domestic partner as often as you want!
With some much competition between car rental companies like Hertz, Budget, Avis, Enterprise, Thrifty and others, offering deals and promos to entice customers works to everyone's advantage. Rental companies get your business, and you get a great deal! Like their bright yellow logo, the deals on the Hertz website are hard to miss. The company is typically running at least one promotion at any given time, with the offer prominently displayed on the Hertz.ca home page. For additional promos and deals, check out the "Discounts & Coupons" tab in the top navigation bar. There you will find deals for CAA members, destination deals and offers from Hertz partners.
Of course, where there are deals to be had, there's Dealguild. Here on this page, you'll find the latest Canadian Hertz coupons, deals and special offers. Previous deals we've posted have included:
- Take $15 off on your weekend rental
- Get 50% off monthly rentals
- Take $20 off any rental
- Take $100 off monthly rentals
- Get 50% off weekend rentals
If you travel often, you may want to leave us your email to receive the latest Hertz coupon codes and promos right in your mailbox!
Redeeming a Hertz deal is about as easy as it gets. Once you've zeroed in on a deal you'd like to use toward your next rental, make note of whether the deals is marked as a sale or an online coupon.
Sale deals: If the deal you're interested in is marked as a sale, click on it to be automatically redirected to Hertz.ca. There, you will find the deal already running on the website, meaning you can take advantage of the offer with no additional steps - simply reserve your rental as usual and enjoy the promotional pricing.
Online coupon: If your deal is marked as an online coupon, click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code. Once you've got your code, head over to Hertz.ca and start entering your reservation info in the booking box right on the main page. Once you've entered your info, check off the "Enter a Discount or Promo Code" box and paste your coupon code into the "Promotional Coupon" field. Happy travels!
- Hertz Canada on Facebook: The people at Hertz can always think of a good reason to get away and they like to remind their fans to do just that! With road trip ideas, fun facts and helpful tips, this is a good spot to connect with the rental company. NOTE: This page is for Hertz.com, so some advertized promotions may not be applicable on the Hertz.ca page.
- Hertz Canada on Twitter: With great service comes recognition on social media. This Twitter feed has plenty of happy customers tweeting @Hertz. Also get updates from the company, car facts and trip ideas.
- Hertz Canada on YouTube: Get more info on Hertz programs, such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards and Hertz ExpressRent Interactive Kiosks.
- Hertz Canada on Google Plus: Follow Hertz on Google Plus and never miss another promotion again! This is a good place to stay in the loop on all things Hertz, as well as get useful tips on road safety and road trips.
Hertz also answer questions and addresses concerns on their Facebook page, so consider sending them a private message or posting directly on their wall.