ABOUT HOME DEPOT CANADA
- Things to keep in mind
- The deals
- Price guarantee
- Getting the deals
- Get social
- Home Depot on the go
- Contact info
Home is where the heart is. But it's also where the money is for many Canadian homeowners. As one of the biggest financial investments Canadians will make in their lifetime, home ownership comes with the inevitable financial responsibility of maintenance and home improvement. Home Depot is one of Canada's largest home improvement and construction chains, with over 180 stores Canada-wide. Operating in all ten provinces, the retailer offers an expansive selection of tools and products as well as services like carpet installation, kitchen design, basement renovations and many others. Home Depot Canada competes with other home improvement retailers like Ronaor Lowe's.
Whether you want to do it yourself or call the pros for your next project, Home Depot has you covered every step of the way. And while the retailer is happy to provide professional services, the Home Depot focus is centered around helping homeowners acquire the skills to take care of their properties. The Home Depot offers friendly in-store and over-the-phone help as well as a comprehensive Know-How Center on their website with valuable tips and instructions for basic home-maintenance jobs such as preparing your home for winter, installing a toilet, repairing a leaky faucet or replacing a cracked tile.
Homedepot.ca is a great alternative to shopping in-store. The retailer offers most of their inventory through their website, including large appliances, tools and home decor items. Since the store inventory can be quite extensive, Homedepot.ca allows shoppers to narrow down their results by price, size and even user ratings. The website is an invaluable resource with tips and advice on choosing the right products for your home and instruction on how to use them safely.
Whether you're shopping in-store or online, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to item availability and getting your items.
- Not all items are available both in-store and online. For instance, many home decor and furniture items are only available online, whereas paint and lumber are only available in-store.
- Not all items can be shipped. Most building materials can be purchased online, but picked up in-store only.
- Tool rental is available in-store only. Check availability by selecting your store on Homedepot.ca.
The home improvement category sees a lot of competition between key players such as Rona, Lowes and Home Depot, so sales and deals come up often. The Home Depot puts out a weekly flyer with that week's sales and promotions. The flyer typically includes several items across each category, including tools, appliances, furniture and seasonal items and can feature up to 50% off regular price. Sales can vary by store, so make sure you check the flyer applicable to your nearest location.
In addition to their weekly sale items, Home Depot will frequently feature a specific department in month-long or week-long promotions. Some examples include kitchen and bathroom events, where various items in those categories are reduced, to save shoppers money on large projects. For instance, Home Depot's bathroom event might feature lower prices on bathroom tile, bathtubs and toilets, encouraging customers to embark on larger scale updates.
Home Depot coupons occasionally come up in both the printable and online variety. These are a lot less common than other forms of savings, but worth keeping an eye out for. Either way, watch for valuable sales and promotions in the form of daily "Hammer Drop" deals, weekly sales and even coupons. Some variations include:
- One day only: save 30% on screwdrivers and bit sets
- Save up to $300 on washer-dryer combinations
- Free shipping on all clearance items
- This week: free cordless upgrade on all orders of cellular window coverings (up to $153 value)
Home Depot offers a price guarantee that gets you 10% off a competitor's regular or advertised price. This applies to in-store prices and does not include any free offers or gifts with purchase. So check around before heading out to make those big purchases. A flyer or a price confirmation from the retailer might be required.
Most deals at The Home Depot and Homedepot.ca are weekly or daily price reductions that will already be reflected in the prices. For those types of deals, just click on the offer and head over to Homedepot.ca to make your purchase (the site will open in a new tab on your browser). Shop as you normally would, but remember to watch for items that do not ship and would require pick-up.
For deals involving coupons, click on the deal and copy the coupon code to your clipboard for later use. Shop as you usually would on the Homedepot.ca website. Once you're done shopping, click on the cart icon near the top-right hand corner of your page. Your cart summary will open, listing the items you've selected. At the bottom of the item list, under the shipping estimator, enter the coupon code you've copied into the "Promo Code" field and hit "Enter". You should see the price adjusted in your total.
- Home Depot on Facebook: Connect with The Home Depot on Facebook for frequent tips, ideas for your next home improvement project. A great spot for the do-it-yourselfer.
- Home Depot on Twitter: Frequent links to instructional videos, ideas for home updates and other useful info.
- Home Depot on Pinterest: If you've ever needed inspiration for your home decor and home renovation plans, this is the spot for you. From paint color ideas, to DIY holiday projects and other ideas on how to revive your space this Pinterest account is definitely worth a look.
- Home Depot on YouTube: This is a great account to follow if you tend to embark on home improvement projects on your own. Countless instructional videos, tips, tricks and advice.
- Home Depot on Google Plus: This page is full of useful information. Ideas on how to organize and freshen up your home with simple DIY projects, design ideas for your kitchen and bathroom and much, much more.
For those who like information to be at their fingertips, The Home Depot offers a free app for iPhone, Android and iPad. Check inventory at your local store, check out this week's flyer and shop wherever you are for tens of thousands of Home Depot products. Download the app off your device's App Store.
Telephone: 1 800 628 0525
Monday - Sunday: 9AM - 11PM EST