ABOUT HP.CA (HEWLETT-PACKARD CANADA)
While most people use their garage to park their vehicles and store their things, in January 1939, Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard used one to start an Information Technology company. Starting out in a rented one-car garage with a capital investment of $538, the Hewlett-Packard Company (HP) has grown to amass over 300,000 employees worldwide and over 100 billion dollars in revenue.
The unassuming Palo Alto location became the home of a partnership that would grow into multi-national force in the world of electronics and personal computers. HP's first breakthrough came in 1939 with audio oscillators produced for the Walt Disney Company. This provided modest financial success which allowed the partners to fund future innovations. Since 2007, HP has been the world's leading manufacturer of personal computers, with continued success in a highly competitive category.
HP does not have its own stores but products are widely available in just about every single electronics store, excluding brand-specific stores of which there are few (like Sony).HP allows consumers to buy products via their website on HPshopping.ca or through telephone ordering. HP knows that shopping for electronics can be a challenge and offers a useful live chat feature on their website. Chat with an HP agent and have your questions answered anytime between 8AM to 8PM (Eastern Time).As with most online retailers, e-mail is always available and can be an option for someone who missed the chat hours.
HP also offers a 30-day "Free and Easy" returns policy as part of their 100% happiness guarantee. HP promises to do everything it can to make its customers happy with their HP products, or give them their money back.
HP boasts a robust online store full of great finds for those who love all things electronics. HPshopping.ca frequently offers deals and promotions on their website, many of which can save quite a bit of money on your order. Some past examples:
- Free Shipping store wide
- Rebates of up to $275 of Personal Computers, Desktop and Laptops
- 2-Year warranty upgrades
- Up to $220 instant rebates on printers
Stay in the loop on HP promotions by signing up to the HP newsletter. Signing up also gets you 10% off your next purchase of Original HP Supplies - so all the more reason to join the mailing list!
In addition to the deals and promotions you'll find on the HP site, the retailer occasionally provides coupons that can be used toward purchases on HPshopping.ca. Watch for coupons in the following possible denominations:
- Buy a PC over $600, save $30
- Get 25% off all regular priced consumer accessories and ink
- Get $10 when you spend $60 or more
- Get $25 off and free shipping on any 17" notebook
HPshopping.ca also has a clearance section that can be found under the "Promotions" tab. Usually featuring a handful of items, the deals will typically get you about 10% to 20% off the original price. It's definitely worth a look before making any full-price purchases.
Redeeming HP deals is easy. Simply click on the HP deal you'd like to use and the HPshopping.ca website will open on the applicable page. If your deal is a sale or promotion, the discounts are already applied and you can shop as usual. If your deal is a coupon based discount, copy the revealed coupon code before heading over to the HP page to make your picks. Once you're done shopping, proceed to checkout by hovering over the cart icon at the top right-hand corner of the page and click "Checkout". This will take you to your cart summary which will show you the items you've selected. Below your item summary, paste your coupon into the "E-coupon" field and click "Apply". Your cart total will update to reflect your coupon discount.
- HP on Facebook: Join the HP Facebook page with others fans to stay up to date on HP news, upcoming products and services. Engage in discussions and stay tuned to the growing number of ways that HP is greening and recycling its products.
- HP on Twitter: Follow HP's twitter feed for the occasional geeky-yet-humorous posts that relate to HP products and services. In addition, stay informed with links to articles and videos that break down how bargain brands compare to HP products. From musings about 3D printing to happy holiday wishes to its customers, the Twitter account is a great way to connect.
- HP on LinkedIn: Following HP on LinkedIn isn't just for those looking for careers with the company. The Company continuously distributes articles and blog entries discussing HP technologies, electronic devices and the industry as a whole.
- HP on Google Plus: Following HP on Google Plus will get you access to engaging posts, photos and videos about HP products and technology. This is a great way to stay up to date on an innovator constantly working on cutting-edge technologies.
Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Co.
5150 Spectrum Way