ABOUT H&R BLOCK CANADA
Come spring, millions of Canadians begin frantically searching through their files for those important forms and documents they've been saving for tax time. This is also the time when your accountant friends stop picking up their phones for fear of being asked more tax-related questions. Should I file my taxes together or separate from my spouse? How much can I claim if I traveled for medical reasons? How soon can I get my tax refund? H&R Block has the answers to these questions and more!
Founded in 1955 by Henry and Richard Bloch, H&R Block is an American tax preparation company that operates offices in the US, Canada, Australia, Brazil and India. With over 12,000 worldwide locations, H&R has grown a reputation as a convenient spot for any and all tax-related services. From simple tax preparation to business consulting, the folks at H&R Block are ready to help you during tax season and beyond!
H&R Block offers a range of financial services to Canadians. Some of these include:
- Online filing option: Users can now file their taxes online with H&R Block. This option is usually a good choice for those with simple tax cases. The service promises the same features as TurboTax and UFile, but free of charge.
- Downloadable Tax Software: The H&R Block tax software allows users to file up to 2 returns for free. The software can be downloaded from HRBlock.ca, or obtained on a CD from a Canada Post outlet.
- In-Person Filing: If you don't feel confident filing your taxes yourself, or perhaps have a complicated tax case (US citizen, small business, senior), come into an H&R location and get a tax professional to prepare your taxes for you.
- Instant Cash Back: H&R Block gives customers the option of getting their return immediately upon filing their taxes. Simply walk in with your taxes and walk out with your money on an H&R Block Advantage Prepaid Visa card or a cheque.
- Free Second Look: Want to double check that you got everything that was owed to you? Come in with your old taxes (up to 3 years back) and a tax profession at H&R Block will check your returns for any errors or omissions. If there is money owed to you, H&R Block will file an adjustment with CRA.
As a tax preparation service, H&R Block does not offer as many discounts, deals and promotions as you would see from, say, a clothing retailer. Most of the time, the cost of the services are dependent on the complexity of your tax case and the scope of the work. You will find the occasional deal on H&R Block's tax software as well as the online filing option. Past deals have included:
- 30% discount on any online filing
- Get tax filing software for your personal or small business taxes for $19.95
- Get 10 tax returns for $19.95
- Take $5 off tax protection fees
Most of the deals you will see for H&R Block are sales or promotions on hrblock.ca. If you've found a deal that you'd like to take advantage of, simply click it and head over to hrblock.ca. Promotional prices on tax preparation services are applied automatically and don't require any additional steps. If your deal involves a coupon code, follow these quick steps:
- Click on the deal to reveal the coupon code. Copy the code and head over to hrblock.ca.
- Select the service you would like to use (online tax filing, downloadable tax software, tax protection, etc.)
- The next few steps will vary depending on what you choose to do on the website. Whether you're filing online, downloading the software or taking advantage of other services on hrblock.ca, watch for the "Cart Summary" page toward the end of your transaction.
- On the cart summary, confirm your order and paste your coupon code into the "Enter Coupon Code" field below your order total. Click "Apply".
When perusing the H&R Block website, take note of the many free tools available for your use. Services like "Tax Talk" where you can ask a certified tax professional questions about your taxes, or the tax calculator are extremely useful and can take the guesswork out of filing your taxes!
- H&R Block on Facebook: Just like the thousands of H&R Block outlets across Canada, this page sure does get busy around tax deadline time! Get reminders to file your taxes and ask all your tax-related questions for quick replies from H&R Block staff.
- H&R Block on Twitter: See what others are saying about H&R Block's tax software and other tax-preparation tools. Also get useful reminders around tax season and tips on getting your maximum return.
H&R Block Canada, Inc.
Suite 200, 340 Midpark Way SE
Mon - Fri: 7am to 7pm (MT)
Sat/Sun: 8am to 5pm (MT)