Your grandparents might have a heart-melting love story about their chance encounter at the county fair, but that doesn't mean you should be waiting around for the stars to align. Although many people are suckers for the love-at-first-sight fireworks, the reality is that more and more of us are having great success finding love online. Match Canada is one of the more popular options when it comes to online dating services. And with over 20 years experience helping people find their matches, the company has quite a few happy endings under its belt.
Founded in 1995, Match.com was one of the first online personals services that offered an inclusive community that included men, women, professionals and the gay and lesbian community. Following the launch, the company began an intensive promotional campaign in an effort to grow the initial community and give users plenty of prospective matches. Nine years later, in 2004, the Guinness World Book of Records recognized Match.com as the largest dating site in the world, with a staggering 42 million worldwide users.
Today, the Canadian branch of the business, Match.ca is a popular destination for singles looking to connect with prospective partners. And with the option to search for singles in your immediate area or millions of other profiles around the world, there's a good chance that the stars will align during your stay on Match Canada. Match.com competes with other online dating services such as:
Match Canada operates much like its competitors in the online dating business. Setting up a profile on the site begins with a fairly extensive questionnaire that answers questions pertaining to your age, religion, ethnicity, occupation and interests as well as your hopes and expectations when it comes to a prospective match. Once your profile has been filled out, you will immediately see potential matches, at which point you may want to pursue them further by starting a conversation, sending a message or liking their photos.
As always, in order to access the full features of the website, match-seekers must pay for a Match.ca membership. Options include a Standard Plan or a Best Value Plan - both available for either 3 or 6-month subscriptions. The cost of the subscriptions includes the ability to email members, instant message, post photos, send winks, see who viewed your profile and other features.
If you're looking to save on your Match.ca membership, the popular dating service suggests buying the 6-month subscription package to save over 65% per month. Of course, those not sure about whether the website is even right for them, might find the longer-spanning membership options to be a tough sell.
Thankfully, Match.com Canada offers fairly frequent coupons and deals that can save Canadian subscribers a percentage off their membership. We post the latest promotions right on this page, with some of our previous published deals including:
- Save 30% on your Match Canada membership
- Get a 7 day free trial
- Save 20% off your subscription
- Get 74% off when signing up for a 12-month membership
Getting the deals on Match.com is almost certainly easier than finding your perfect love match. When you see a deal you'd like to use toward the cost of your subscription, note whether it's a sale or an online coupon. Sale deals represent active promotions on Match.ca, meaning the promotional price will already be applied to the membership cost. Simply click on the deal and head over to Match.ca to purchase your subscription.
If your deal is an online coupon, click on the deal and follow these steps to apply the voucher code to your membership:
- Once you've clicked on the deal, you will be redirected to the Match.ca site. Go back to the Dealguild.com page to copy the revealed coupon code, before heading over to Match Canada to begin your subscription process.
- On Match.ca, choose your subscription package and locate the "Have a coupon code?" link on the right-hand side of the subscription option list. Clicking on the link will redirect you to a new page.
- Paste your coupon code into the "Please enter your promo code" field and click "Continue". You should see value of your coupon applied to your total on the next page.
- Match.com on Facebook: Getting disheartened on your quest for a partner? Check out this Facebook page from Match.com for success stories and connect with other singles looking to find love.
- Match.com on Twitter: Catch up on celebrity relationship news, read articles about finding love on the internet and see the success stories tweeted @Match.
- Match.com on Instagram: See photos from Match.com's "Stir events". From makeovers to game nights, these folks know how to have a good time!
- Match.com on Pinterest: Love is in the air on this cute Pinterest account. Start planning your big day with boards full of wedding dresses or just your next date night with style suggestions for him and her.
Contact Match Canada directly through their website.