ABOUT NHL.COM CANADA
Nothing says Canada quite like getting together with your friends and family on a Saturdy night to watch some hockey. If you've ever been stumped as to what you should wear on these occasions, the NHL online store has you covered for the sports & outdoors as well as clothing categories. Depending on which team you cheer for, these branded purchases may earn you the admiration of some friends, and expose you to ridicule from others. Worry not, dear shopper, wear your colours proud.
The National Hockey League (NHL) is an organization 100 years in the making, established in 1917 as the successor to the National Hockey Association (NHA) with just 6 teams. Today, the NHL boasts 30 (7 from Canada and the rest of the U.S.) teams and organizations from across North America, competing among themselves for professional ice-hockey supremacy.
As the League is an organization representing all 30 hockey teams, it has the ability to market and sell products with the official logos and names of the players that belong to those teams. Shop.canada.nhl.com does not only sell hockey jerseys. As soon as you land on the store front, you quickly realize that everything you could place a team logo on, is probably for sale on the website. The items range from the expected (clothes, hats, collectives) to the unexpected (toy and games, home/office décor, etc.) This is a great place to shop for gifts for the hockey fan in your life.
The main landing page for the website will usually feature the current active promotions and any upcoming specials (e.g. St. Patrick's day theme attire). Be on the watch for the "Ships from Canada" icon and try to target these items where possible to save yourself on any duty fees associated with getting the items from the US.
Aside from special promotions, Shop.canada.nhl.com has an abundant outlet section with great deals. The outlet section contains over 500 items at discounts, sorted by team, and allows you to target your search by your personal favourites (and those of the people you're shopping for). You could even try shopping at Ice Jerseys if the NHL shop does not have exactly what you are looking for.
In addition, be sure to watch for NHL coupons, as those can save you quite a few dollars on your purchase. Deals may include:
- Receive 15% off orders over $75
- Save $20 when you spend 50$ or more
- Save 15% off and free shipping when you spend over $75
- Lastly, signing up for the NHL.COM newsletter entitles you to 10% off your next purchase!
The NHL's online shop runs it's very own blog at Hotofftheice.nhl.com. This blog is a good bookmark target as it will have updates and the option to pre-order select exclusive items before they are out.
Your team might not be winning this season, but saving on your NHL merchandise will put a smile back on your face. Once you've chosen your deal off the list of active NHL promotions, click on it to open Shop.canada.nhl.com. If your deal is a sale on the website, the applicable page will open and show you the already-reduced items. Shop as you normally would! If your deal is a coupon, don't forget to copy the coupon code from the Dealguild.com page. Once you've made your picks on Shop.canada.nhl.com, click on the cart link at the top right-hand side of your page. Your cart will open, summarizing your selections. Paste your coupon code into the "Using a promotional code?" field directly below your item list. Click "Update Cart".
In the event you find yourself switching allegiances, or are simply not satisfied with the product, you have 30 days from delivery to activate NHL.com's money back guarantee. You will receive the full refund minus shipping, handling, gift wrap, or other charges. Customized items and software/electronic media products are likely not covered by this policy.
- NHL Shop on Facebook: Join the NHL Shop Facebook group to keep up to date on new clothing styles and collections. The main NHL.com website ties in team and individual player achievements and cross posts them into the store to drive team/player product sales. This is especially handy if you don't follow hockey too much but the person you're buying for does.
- NHL Shop on Twitter: If you are someone who enjoys chirping at the hockey rink, joining the NHL Shop twitter feed should be right up your ally. Engage others in conversation, or follow the seasonal attire transition from sweaters to hoodies to t-shirts and backwards. Ensure everyone is aware where your loyalties lie.
- NHL Shop on Pinterest: Follow the NHL Shop Pinterest to get inspired by new accessories and attire currently available at the store. Also, don't forget to check the pictures in the All-Star-Game folder to see what the jerseys and accessories of the event look like.
- NHL Shop on Google Plus: Follow the NHL Shop on Google Plus to catch cool pictures of new clothing lines featuring your favourite teams and players. Engage in spirited debate with fellow Google Plus users in the never-ending debate on jersey aesthetics.
Or through the online contact form.