ABOUT REBTEL CANADA
When you think about having loved ones in faraway countries, there are many disadvantages that come to mind. Like, the inability to pop over for your grandmother's famous fish curry, or have regular big family dinners with everyone present. What you may not think about initially, is the impact far-off relatives can have on your wallet. From airline tickets, to sending Christmas gifts by mail, to phone calls, the costs can add up. Rebtel is a telecommunications company that wants to bridge the distance between you and your loved ones by giving you a cheap, innovative solution to your outrageous monthly phone bills.
Founded in 2006 by entrepreneurs Hjalmar Winbladh and Jonas Lindroth, the Swedish company set out to disrupt the telecommunications industry. Realizing the financial burden international calls place on your phone bill and the frustrating hidden fees associated with most calling cards, the company began offering a better way to get in touch with people across the world. By utilizing VoIP technology, Rebtel is able to cut the cost of international phone calls by as much as 95%, giving you a reliable, good-quality connection for a fraction of the cost of traditional phone services.
Using Rebtel to call your friends and loved ones overseas is easy. To start, sign up with the company on their website. Then, choose the country you would like to call and deposit money into your Rebtel account. Then, enter the international number of the person you would like to contact and Rebtel will then instantly issue you a local number, which you can call to get in touch with your friend. Sound like magic? Not if you're familiar with Voice Over IP. The technology enables users to transmit their calls over the internet, as opposed to a public switched telephone network. As a result, you pay only for the cost of the local call, plus a small fee to Rebtel from your pre-loaded account.
Mobile users will be happy to know that Rebtel VoIP technology works just as well with mobile phones. In fact, the company has handy apps that give users easy access to their Rebtel account.
Unlike calling cards and other international calling companies, Rebtel has no hidden fees other than the low by-minute rates it charges for your international call. No weeks, monthly or maintenance fees ‑ the prepaid dollar amount you've deposited into your account will only be used to pay for the calls you make.
If you're used to placing international calls through your regular phone service provider, switching to Rebtel will already feel like the best deal in the world. Occasionally, however, the company does offer special coupons and promotions that can further sweeten the deal. When a new deal comes up, we post it here, so be sure to sign up for email alerts on this page and we'll send the latest Canadian offers right to your inbox. Previous deals have included:
- 100 free SMS messages with your first deposit
- Get a 100% bonus on your first deposit
- Get $10 off when you deposit $1
- New customers pay $1 for $5 credit
- Get 3 free minutes of call credit with your signup
So you've spotted a great deal on Rebtel services? You'll be on your way to making phone calls in no time... But before you do, note whether your deal is a sale or an online coupon. Sale deals such as "Call France from Canada from a land line for as low as $0.024 per minute" are already-existing promos on the site. Simply click on the deal and you'll be redirected to the applicable page on Rebtel.com, where you can set up your account and start calling your loved ones.
If your deal is an online coupon, click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code. Once you've got your code, head over to Rebtel.com. From the main page, choose the country you would like to call and select the plan that best suits your needs by clicking "Buy Now". In the signup screen, enter your information and paste your coupon code into the "Voucher" field. Click "Create New Account". You will see your deal applied to your total in the next step.
- Rebtel Canada on Facebook: This Facebook page reflects the international, multi-cultural nature of the Rebtel business. See posts about the sites, traditions and histories of countries around the world as well as your daily dose of tech news and company updates.
- Rebtel Canada on Twitter: If you're on Twitter, consider connecting with Rebtel for updates from the world of technology and communication. This is also a good place to read what others are saying about the company and weigh in with your own experience.
- Rebtel Canada on Google Plus: Did you know that more people in the world own a cell phone than a toothbrush? Increase your fun fact arsenal and get the latest updates from Rebtel and the world of communications by connecting on this account.
- Rebtel Canada on YouTube: Want a straight-forward comparison between Rebtel and a calling card? The videos on this YouTube page will give you a clear understanding of how Rebtel gets you the lowest calling rates to your country.
- Rebtel Canada on Instagram: This is a general interest account from Rebtel, with pictures of company events, Rebtel employees and other miscellaneous shots.
- Rebtel Canada on LinkedIn: Whether you're considering a job with the company, or simply want to know more about Rebtel and its employees, this is a good spot for info on the telecommunications company.
Contact Rebtel through the direct form on their website.