ABOUT RIPLEY'S AQUARIUM CANADA
You may have seen the marine specials on the Discovery Channel, or just stared at your aquarium screensaver, but you ain't seen nothing yet if you haven't stopped by Ripley's Aquarium of Canada. The popular attraction has been drawing crowds to Toronto's downtown core since opening its doors in 2013.
Ripley's Aquarium of Canada is one of three aquariums of its kind operated by Ripley's Entertainment. And where the Great Smoky Mountains and Myrtle Beach may have been a bit of a trek for Canadians, the new Toronto location is a fun spot to visit for marine-lovers of all ages. With 5.7 million litres of marine habitat, the exhibit holds more than 450 species of saltwater and freshwater creatures.
When it was all said and done, the total cost of building Ripley's Aquarium was over $130 million. As you might expect, that kind of cash makes for some very impressive facilities and a large number of rare and exotic exhibits. Some popular points of interest include:
- Canadian Waters Exhibit: Features marine animals that can be found in Canadian and surrounding waters.
- The Dangerous Lagoon: If the rare sharks, stingrays and spearfish aren't enough, this exhibit features a moving sidewalk!
- Mother Nature's Art Gallery: This exhibit features some of the most beautiful, delicate underwater species from around the world. Seahorses, lionfish and archerfish are among the friendly faces you'll see here.
The aquarium offers several options when it comes to purchasing your pass:
- Express Anytime Tickets: Can be used anytime during the aquariums regular hours.
- Times Tickets: Can be used during a date and time selected during ticket purchase.
- Sharks After Dark: Ticket holders may visit the aquarium between 7pm-close.
- Rise and Shine: Ticket holders may visit on Saturday 8am-10am.
All tickets options range from $25-30 for adults, $15-20 for youth and seniors and $5-10 for children. In addition to the above ticket options, the aquarium also sells annual tickets that cost around $125 for adults and $80 for youth and seniors. This option might be a good one for those planning on visiting the aquarium numerous times during the year.
As with any popular attraction, buying tickets for the whole family can leave your wallet quite deflated. If you plan on visiting the aquarium on numerous occasions, consider getting the annual pass. The pass comes with great discounts at Ripley's cafe, photo station and gift shop, as well as a 20% discount if you buy 3 or more passes at once.
Those not planning on weekly visits with their underwater friends will be happy to know that discounts for single tickets also occasionally come up. Previous Canadian deals on Ripley's Aquarium have included:
- Take 20% off Anytime tickets
- Take 30% off when buying tickets for a group of 10 or more
- Take 15% off when you spend $40 or more
Deals on Ripley's Aquarium don't come up very often, so be sure to enter your email on this page to receive an email update on any new promotions!
If you're lucky enough to stumble upon a Ripley's Aquarium promotion, redeeming it is easy! If your deal is marked as a sale, simply click on the deal and RipleyAquariums.com will open in a new tab on your browser. Sale deals are active promotions on the Ripley's site, so you will find the promotional prices already applied to the tickets. Reserve your tickets as usual and enjoy the discounted price.
If your deal is marked as an online coupon, click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code. With coupon in tow, head over to RipleyAquariums.com and select the ticket option you would like to purchase. Once you click "Buy Now", a window will open that will prompt you to select your ticket type (Adult, Youth, Child or Senior). Choose the applicable ticket option and then navigate to the "Promotional Code" tab in the same window. Paste your coupon code into the field and click "Submit".
- Ripley's Aquarium on Facebook: Get the scoop on what's new and exciting at Ripley's Aquarium. Find out about new exhibits, special events, contests and more!
- Ripley's Aquarium on Twitter: This is a great feed with plenty of useful info, including coupon codes, special promotions and general updates from this popular attraction.
- Ripley's Aquarium on Instagram: Want a sneak peek of the incredible marine life you're going to see at Ripley's? This Instagram account keeps things fun with beautiful shots of the Aquarium's water-loving residents.
288 Bremner Boulevard
Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
Tel: (647) 351-FISH (3474)