ABOUT SONY CANADA
It's hard to go into a store that sells electronics without running into a large assortment of products from Sony. The multinational conglomerate is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and is primarily focused on TVs, gaming consoles, entertainment and financial services sectors.
The company was founded by Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita in the later 1940s with $530 dollars and eight employees, as an electronics shop in a department store. The name "Sony" didn't appear until 1958 when the owners realized they needed a name that is more easily pronounced by Americans. The name was derived from a combination of "Sonus", a Latin word which is the root of sonic and sounds, and the term "Sonny", a term used in 1950s America to refer to a boy. If you are looking for a more broad assortment of electronics, head on over to the likes of Best Buy.
From humble beginnings in a department store, Sony has grown to nearly 150,000 employees worldwide and over $70 billion in revenue. It is ranked 105th of the 2014 list of Fortune Global 500, third-largest television manufacturer, and is a Worldwide Top 20 Semiconductor Sales Leader.
Sony of Canada Ltd. Was established in 1955 as an entertainment company with headquarters in Toronto, sales offices in Vancouver and Montreal, and a distribution centre in Whitby, employing 500 individuals that support the 500 authorized dealers of Sony products. In 2015, Sony announced the closing of their 14 brick-and-mortar stores in Canada. This does not include their online store presence.
Store.sony.ca is a robust shopping website containing easy-to-navigate pages and vibrant pictures of products. The site has a "Special Offers" section with a variety of great deals on many popular Sony products. Deals may include:
- Save up to 20% on TVs
- $50-$70 off of cameras
- $70-$130 off camcorders and action cams
In addition to the deals you'll find in the Sony store, the retailer offers a variety of online coupons that you can use toward your purchase. Past coupons have included:
- Save $25 when you spend $200
- Receive 20% off mobile accessories with the purchase of a mobile phone
- $80 discount on Sony VAIO 15's E Series Customizable Laptops
- Take 20% off digital camera/camcorder accessories
Great savings are only a few clicks away. Follow these steps to redeem Sony coupons:
- Click on the coupon you'd like to use from the list of available coupons on Dealguild.com. Store.sony.ca will open in a new tab.
- For sale deals such as "Save up to $200 on select digital cameras", you will be directed to the applicable page, where you will find the items have already been reduced. Shop as you normally would!
- For deals involving a coupon code, remember to copy the code from the Dealguild.com page. Proceed to Store.sony.ca and shop for your items.
- Once you've made your picks, head over to checkout by clicking on the cart icon at the top right-hand corner of your page. Select "View Cart & Checkout".
- In your cart you will find a list of your items. Review your items and paste your coupon code into the "Enter a Promotion Code" field directly below the item list. Click "Apply". Your cart will update to reflect the value of your coupon.
Like many other large retailers, Sony has partnered with MBNA to offer you the SonyCard. Applying and getting approved for a SonyCard, allows you to receive 10,000 Sony points as long as you spend at least $1,000 on your card by a certain point in time (check the date when you apply). You continue earning points as you continue shopping on the card. Once you are ready to redeem, you can go to www.sonyrewards.ca where 1,000 Sony points equals $10 for use at the store.
- Sony on Facebook: Join the Sony Facebook group for fun candid pictures of Sony customers enjoying product demonstrations at exhibitions and events. See sneak previews of products and participate in discussions with other fans about your favourite products!
- Sony on YouTube: Subscribe to the Sony Canada YouTube channel to see training videos on how to use the new item you just purchased, or a preview of something you're thinking of buying. The page contains videos of walkthroughs of conventions and exploration of the Sony booths at these events. As can be expected from an industry leader, the page contains plenty of sleek demos of new and exciting products.
- Sony on Twitter: Follow on Sony Canada on twitter for the latest updates on Sony innovations, technologies, and new products that will have you reaching for your credit card. Holidays bring about raffles and draws for prizes, be sure to visit frequently!
- Sony on Google Plus: Follow Sony Canada on Google Plus to stay connected with all the other fans in the circle. Posts and discussion of videos as well as new product designs can be quite entertaining. Explore the page for eye-popping video of action cams in a variety of exotic locations and situations.
Sony of Canada Ltd.,
115 Gordon Baker Road,
Sony.ca shopping and order support: 1-877-899-7669
Email: [email protected]