ABOUT SSENSE CANADA
Phillip Lim, Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs... If the mere mention of these names give you visions of runways, fashion magazines and luxury clothing, SSENSE might be just the place to make your designer dreams come true. The company is the largest Canadian retailer of luxury clothes and accessories, placing coveted items from some of the hottest designers right at your fingertips!
Founded in 2003 by Rami Attalah, the idea behind SSENSE was simple: Make the most influential labels available to online shoppers. No need to attend exclusive shopping events; no need to sit through a runway show. Simply log on to SSENSE.com and look through thousands of products from some of the most popular designers and the most prominent luxury brands.
SSENSE.com is divided into two main shopping areas: women and men. Once you've selected your choice, each section is further divided into subcategories such as accessories, clothing, bags and shoes. On the left sidebar, shoppers can always narrow their search by designer, that is, if they even know where to start! SSENSE features items from over 150 prominent designers and fashion houses, some of which include names like:
- Nina Ricci
- Burberry London
- Christopher Kane
- Dolce & Gabbana
From high-fashion finds and collectors pieces to wearable, every-day items (if you can afford a 400-dollar pair of jeans, that is!) SSENSE.com certainly makes for a unique shopping experience. With over 2 million visitors per month, the online store sees plenty of action from both "window shoppers" and those with pockets fat enough to afford the hefty price tags of luxury wears.
When it comes to deals, SSENSE.com is not the best place to look for bargain basement prices. With staggering price tags often well into the thousands, there is no denying that even browsing SSENSE.com is not for the faint of heart. High prices and infrequent sales are simply the nature of the business, when it comes to luxury labels. Discounts or promotions devalue exclusive brands, so the prices remain fixed - meaning shoppers see little to no breaks on the price tags.
That being said, SSENSE.com does feature a number of lower-end luxury brands that have more affordable prices. These items may not necessarily be a "deal" in the conventional sense, but they're certainly a good buy for anyone wanting the designer look without the thousand-dollar price tag. Unfortunately, SSENSE.com searches cannot be sorted by price, so finding the lower-end price tags will require some scrolling and page turning!
Very rarely, SSENSE.com will have limited-time sales that will feature small discounts on select items. In the past, Dealguild.com has published an online coupon that gave shoppers an additional 20% off those sale pieces for one day only. Watch for similar promotions in the future - although don't get your hopes up if you're hoping to catch a big break on that 8,000-dollar Givenchy dress!
Most of the deals you will encounter for SSENSE will be sale deals. To redeem a sale deal, simply click on the deal and you will be redirected to the applicable page on SSENSE.com. Sale deals are already-existing offers on the website, so the prices will reflect the promotion. Shop as usual and checkout like you normally would - no extra steps are necessary!
- SSENSE Canada on Facebook: From the wildest runway looks, to the most sophisticated designer looks. This Facebook page has the latest from the world of fashion. With over 300 thousand fans, this page is a bustling community of fashion appreciators.
- SSENSE Canada on Twitter: Fashion, music, photography... This Twitter feed is all about uniting a larger artistic community. Read about artistic collaborations between fashion designers and visual artists, listen to tracks created specifically for SSENSE and more. This is a must-follow feed for anyone with a heart for the creative.
- SSENSE Canada on Instagram: Photography meets fashion. This Instagram is full of edgy, fashion-forward styles and the latest pieces to hit the SSENSE shelves. Be sure to follow for the latest items designed exclusively for SSENSE.
- SSENSE Canada on Pinterest: SSENSE is not active on this account, but does have some hopeful followers waiting for pins from the company. Check back in the future for possible updates!
- SSENSE Canada on Google Plus: Read interviews with some of today's top designers, watch modern high-fashion video campaigns for exclusive labels and get the scoop on what's new at SSENSE.com.
- SSENSE Canada on YouTube: This is another account from SSENSE that really unites the world of fashion with other artistic mediums. Many of the videos posted on this account are music videos and short films made exclusively for SSENSE. This is a great account to keep up with for anyone interested in fashion, music, cinematography and art as a whole!
Tel: 1 877 637 6002