ABOUT STARWOOD HOTELS CANADA
While you may not have heard of Starwood, it's very likely that you've stayed at one of their many hotel chains. From the popular Westin to the upscale Sheraton, Starwood Hotels and Resorts is one of the biggest hotel companies in the world. With a long list of exclusive properties on its roster, Starwood is a world leader in hospitality services and a popular destination for those looking for the bells and whistles when it comes to their home away from home.
Amusingly, the Starwood story did not begin with a vision to start one of the biggest and most exclusive hotel chains in the world. The company was initially started in 1969 by Starwood Capital, a real estate investment firm, in an effort to take advantage of a tax break. The company bought several hotels throughout North America and operated them all under different brand names. Things took a turn in 1994, however, when Starwood purchased the Westin Hotel Company.
The acquisition of the Westin Hotels Company proved highly lucrative and paved the way for further purchases, such as Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton and the Luxury Collection Brands in 1998. Throughout the early 2000's, the company continued to acquire new brands and develop its reputation as a leader in the hospitality industry.
Today, Starwood owns, manages or franchises over 1,200 properties in over 100 countries worldwide. Their list of reputable brands includes:
- St. Regis
- The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts
- W Hotels Worldwide
- Westin Hotels & Resorts
- Le Meridien
- Tribute Portfolio
- Four Points by Sheraton
- Aloft Hotels
- Element by Westin
Like many luxury businesses, Starwood offers a membership program that rewards its most loyal guests. Signing up allows travelers to collect and redeem points at any one of the Starwood brands around the world, as well as gives access to exclusive offers and promotions. You can sign up via their website.
Many of the Starwood deals are available to members of the company's Preferred Guest Program (SPG). So, if you haven't signed up yet, be sure to do so using the above link. Because Starwood is a parent company that houses a number of subsidiary brands, any deals and promotions would be hotel-specific. Meaning, you may find a deal at Westin for 20% off a weekday room package, but that does not necessarily mean that other Starwood brands will offer the same promotion.
Here on this page we've made it easy for your to find a Canadian deal on a number of popular Starwood properties. Whether it's a coupon code for a discount at the Westin or free breakfast at another one of the Starwood hotel brands, we post the latest offers here on this page. Previous promotions have included:
- Enjoy a free room upgrade
- Get the special Blizzard Rate when you use this code
- Get 15% off your booking
- Get 40% off your next stay
- Get 15% off when you book at least 21 days in advance
If you travel often and like staying in the Starwood family of hotels, be sure to sign up on this page to receive updates on new offers and coupon codes from Starwood Hotels.
Getting from Starwood can be a little complicated due to the sheer number of properties the company operates. Depending on the hotel your deal applies to, you will be directed to the applicable hotel site. If the deal you've selected is marked as a sale, you will find the room rates or promotions already applied. In that case, simply book your room and enjoy your discounted stay!
If your deal is marked as an online code, click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code. Once you've got your code navigate to the opened hotel site and start selecting your destination and dates. When you've found a location and room type that works for you, click on it and start the booking process by clicking "See Rooms". On the next page, look for the "Rate Preferences" box. All Starwood hotels have the same basic layout, but the box can be located in different parts of the page. Once you've located the Rate Preferences box, paste your coupon code in the "Promotion Code" field. Enjoy the deal!
- Starwood Hotels on Facebook: Keep up with what's happening at Starwood properties all over the world. From celebrity sightings to special humanitarian initiatives, this Facebook page is good spot to learn more about the company and its projects.
- Starwood Hotels Canada on Twitter: This is a great feed for updates and promos from the long list of Starwood properties. See what's cooking in the hotel kitchens, see the views from some of the best-appointed rooms in the world and start planning your next stay with the Starwood family of hotels and resorts.
- Starwood Hotels Canada on Pinterest: There's nothing quite like luxurious lobbies and beautiful views to make you catch the travel bug. See the most beautiful Starwood properties as well as inspirational boards for your next getaway.
- Starwood Hotels Canada on Instagram: Follow Starwood Hotels CEO Frits van Paasschen as he travels the world and visits Starwood properties.
- Starwood Hotels Canada on YouTube: Find out more about the brands within the Starwood family and learn more about the company's standards on hospitality, tourism and business.
- Starwood Hotels Canada on Google Plus: The company is not too active on this Google Plus account, but stay tuned for more updates in the future.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Corporate Customer Service
P.O. Box 20190
St. Thomas, ON