ABOUT HUDSON'S BAY CANADA
Being North America's oldest retailer comes with a few advantages. For one, there's that loyal following that you've been cultivating for 300 years. And second, your name is an iconic fixture that represents not only quality and reliability, but also the rich history of Canadian business.
Started in 1670, Hudson's Bay (or just The Bay, as it's commonly called) began as a fur trading business with a huge stake in North American real estate. At one point, the company owned 15% of North America's acreage and very involved in early exploration of the continent. Eventually, the company developed into a mercantile business dealing in vital goods and supplies for early Canadian settlers, thus begining the Hudson's Bay into the business of retail.
Today, The Bay continues to be a recognizable face in the North American retail market. With stores across Canada and the United States, the company is currently owned by the American firm NRDC Equity Partners, which also owns Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Home Outfitters. Far from its fur-trading days, The Bay sells a wide range of items including fine jewellery, cosmetics and apparel for the whole family. Prices at The Bay generally range from mid to high, as the retailer expands its "Boutique" section and their luxury brand offering. There are many other department stores as well, such as Sears.
Like most large retailers, The Bay offers their most loyal customers the option of becoming VIP members. Aside from the fancy title, members get a number of perks including:
- Monthly events with extra rewards if you use your Hudson's Bay MasterCard or Hudson's Bay Credit Card.
- Additional savings on ongoing store promotions
- Exclusive sales events and shopping nights
- Deluxe beauty samples and events
- Private access to an exclusive VIP website with its own dedicated customer service line
- Becoming a VIP member requires an annual spend of $1,200 or more before taxes, in a minimum of 2 visits.
If there's anything The Bay and TheBay.com have a lot of, it's deals and promotions. With department-wide and item-specific sales coming up constantly, those who shop at The Bay know to check back often. Special promotions can run anywhere from one day to a month and feature discounts of up to 70% off. Some past Hudson's Bay promotions have included:
- 40% off dress shirts when you buy 3 or more
- Up to 60% off select luggage
- 25% off women's Spring Collection items
- Receive a 6-piece gift set with the purchase of any two Lancôme products
Depending on the promotion, items may sell out quickly, so stay on the ball when it comes to particularly good deals. This also applies to The Bay's "deal of the day", which typically features a deep discount and limited quantities.
Aside from the promos, be sure to check The Bay's sale section. The online sale section is expansive and offers reduced merchandise in almost every category. Seasonal items such as clothing and footwear see the best discounts towards season's end, with more items added as new merchandise arrives.
Last but not least, be sure to check for Hudson's Bay coupon codes before making your purchase! The retailer offers frequent coupons for specific departments, brands or items in the store with discounts generally in the 10-30% range. Occasional coupons come up for a dollar amount or percentage off your entire order, which can be quite valuable for large purchases. Watch for discounts in the following possible formats:
- Take $15 off when you spend $75 or more
- Get $10 off when you spend $75 or more on fragrances or cosmetics
- Get $30 off when you spend $75 or more on the Style & Co collection
- Get $15 off when you spend $75 or more on women's swimwear
Redeeming Hudson's Bay deals is as easy as it gets. To start, pick the deal you'd like to use from the Dealguild.com page. TheBay.com will open in a new page on your browser. If the deal you selected is a sale or promotion on the Hudson's Bay site, the prices will have already been adjusted. Shop the sale and checkout as you normally would. If the deal you selected involves a coupon, be sure to copy the coupon code and keep it in mind for later! Once you're done shopping, proceed to checkout by clicking on the bag icon at the top right-hand corner of the page and selecting "Checkout". Your bag will open with a summary of your items. Below the item list, enter your coupon code into the "Coupon Codes" field and click "Apply". Note that coupon codes may not be reflected in your total until your method of payment has been selected.
- Hudson's Bay on Facebook: Get your daily scoop on fashion, lifestyle and other news from The Bay. Pictures of new arrivals as well as style suggestions and sale alerts.
- Hudson's Bay on Pinterest: This Pinterest account has everything. Hollywood style, holiday gift suggestions, scenic Canadian photography and much, much more!
- Hudson's Bay on Instagram: This page is all about fashion. From pictures off the runways of New York and Paris, to recent arrivals to The Bay's store shelves, you'll find something to love on this chic Instagram account.
- Hudson's Bay on Twitter: Follow The Bay on Twitter for frequent tweets covering everything from celebrity style to cookware suggestions.
- Hudson's Bay on YouTube: Plenty to see on this busy YouTube channel. From makeup tutorials to interviews with celebrities, The Bay's YouTube account is definitely worth a look.
Tel: 1-800-521-2364 (24/7)
LiveChat on TheBay.com: Mon-Sat: 8am-midnight, Sun: 8am-10pm
Or contact The Bay using their direct email form.