ABOUT THE SHOPPING CHANNEL CANADA
The popularity of TV shopping channels might be waning, but that doesn't mean the deals aren't still good! The Shopping Channel has been a fixture on Canadian cable television since 1987 when it was launched in affiliation with the American Home Shopping Network. The channel began with a slide-show format, where animated images of products would be shown with voice-overs describing the items. Since then, it has developed into an engaging non-stop sale party with TV personalities and celebrity guests selling everything from luggage to diamonds. Shop.ca is another online retailer that carries a wide variety of items like The Shopping Channel does.
If you don't like to do your shopping over the phone in front of the TV, Theshoppingchannel.ca is a great alternative. The online store sells the same items seen on the network and features a clearance section where items from previous sales have been reduced. Divided into 10 categories, the site has a wide array of items that include fine jewellery and electronics.
Using the same model as The Shopping Channel, the online store offers items for a limited time. Once the sale is over or the items have sold, you will likely not see the same merchandise back on The Shopping Channel for a long time. The Shopping Channel negotiates very competitive prices on many of their items, so the deals are usually enough to pique your interest, though the limited time offer often seals the deal!
GETTING THE DEALS
No, you won't need to bargain with anyone on the phone to get great prices on things at The Shopping Channel. Deals on your Shopping Channel picks are only a few click away:
- Click on the deal you'd like to use. Theshoppingchannel.ca will open in a new page on your browser.
- If the deal you selected is a sale, the applicable page will open and you can shop as usual, enjoying the already-reduced prices. For example, a deal like "Get up to 70% off clearance" will take you to the clearance section where you will find the prices already reduced.
- If the deal you selected is a coupon, copy the coupon code from this page and proceed to Theshppingchannel.ca for the fun part!
- Make your picks on the site, making sure your selections make the coupon criteria. For instance, if you picked the "Get $40 off orders over $200" coupon, make sure your purchases add up to $200 before tax.
- Once you're done shopping, click "checkout" in the pop-up window or by clicking on "My Cart" near the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Theshoppingchannel.ca requires you to have an account before you can make your purchase, so if you don't already have one, follow the steps to fill in the required information.
- Once you've signed into to your account, you will see your order summary to the right of your item list. Enter your coupon code into the "Promotional Code" field below your order total.