ABOUT VIMEO CANADA
According to comScore, Canadians spend an average of 2.5 hours a day watching videos online. From news to cat videos, there's no denying that online video viewership is growing and that Canadians are consuming content at an incredible rate. Since coming on the scene in 2004, Vimeo has been a popular destination for clips, movies, short films and indie content. Accounting for a whopping 11% of all internet bandwidth, the site is not far behind YouTube and Facebook in popularity.
Founded by Jake Lodwick and Zach Klein, the company's name combines the words "video" and "me". With a company goal to put video-watchers and creators first, the site promises to give users the best ways to share, discover and be inspired. In essence, Vimeo is all about YOU. Whether you stop by to watch or to post your own original content, the site allows you to easily get the most out of your video experience.
With "YouTube" becoming such a household name, competitors must dig deep to give users reason to use their service. For Vimeo, gaining the loyalty of their users is an easy task. Some of the main perks when it comes to using Vimeo for watching or uploading content, include:
- Unlike YouTube's enormous audience, Vimeo enjoys a smaller, more niche community of film appreciators and therefore more focused, more inspiring content.
- Vimeo offers a cleaner layout and a more visually appealing look. This is especially valuable to those uploading content for commercial purposes.
- No ads or banners before or during your video. Need we say more??
- Better privacy controls. Vimeo allows users to password protect their video content, only sharing with specific individuals.
- A paid Vimeo Pro account allows users to have incredible control over their videos, such as customizing visual elements, sound, text overlays, etc.
Currently, Vimeo offers three account options to its users: Vimeo Basic, Vimeo Plus and Vimeo Pro. The basic account is free and gives users up to 25GB of upload space a year as well as basic privacy features and basic options for video conversion Vimeo Plus and Vimeo Pro are the paid account options, offering extended features, better privacy and customization options as well as more upload space.
Deals on the paid Vimeo account options do come up, usually offering about 10% off the subscription fee. We post the latest Canadian offers here on this page, so be sure to subscribe to updates to avoid missing your very own Vimeo deal. Previous offers have included:
- Get 10% off Vimeo Plus
- Get 10% off Vimeo Pro
- Take 15% any subscription
- Take 5% off Vimeo Pro
Getting deals and redeeming Vimeo coupon codes is easy. For starters, identify if the deal you're interested in is a sale or an online coupon. If your deal is a sale, the process is easy. Simply click on the deal and you'll be automatically redirected to the applicable page on Vimeo.com. There, you will find the promotional price already applied, so purchase your subscription and enjoy the discount.
If your deal involves an online coupon, follow these quick steps to apply it to your transaction:
- Click on the deal and copy the revealed coupon code. Once you've got your code, head on over to the opened Vimeo page.
- Select your subscription and click either "Get Plus" or "Go Pro".
- On the checkout page, fill out your information. Click on the small "Have a discount code?" link next to the payment option icons. (It's tiny and easy to miss!)
- Paste your code into the opened field and click "Add". Enjoy your new upgraded account!
- Vimeo Canada on Facebook: Whether you're into making video content, or just watching it, this page has something for everyone. Watch the latest uploads onto Vimeo.com and get useful tips on starting your very own successful channel or web series.
- Vimeo Canada on Twitter: Live streams, new uploads and updates on new features on Vimeo.com. Be sure to follow this feed for the latest.
- Vimeo Canada on Instagram: You've watched the videos, but have you seen the behind-the-scenes shots? This Instagram offers an insider's look into what goes on behind the camera at some of the most popular Vimeo video shoots.
Vimeo has a comprehensive Help Center where you can find answers and solutions to most issues you may encounter.