ABOUT WESTJET CANADA
Whether you're traveling within Canada or elsewhere, choosing the right airline can have a big impact on your experience as well as your wallet. WestJet is a Canadian discount airline that believes discounted air travel should not mean downgraded service. As the second largest Canadian air carrier after Air Canada, the company provides air transport to many happy customers, to the tune of over 18 million passengers a year!
Founded in 1996, the company started out small, with 3 planes and only 5 destinations. Initially, the company operated exclusively in western Canada - hence the name WestJet. From the start, the airline's focus has always been to provide the best possible service at the lowest possible price and it is this philosophy that has earned WestJet its popularity with Canadian travelers.
Today, WestJet is the 9th largest airline in North America by passengers carried, boasting an impressive fleet of over 120 aircraft and over 10,000 employees. The company is publically owned and has become known for their "owners care" campaigns, as well as other campaigns focused on customer service and a company-wide culture of care.
WestJet has come a long way since those first flights across western Canada. These days, WestJet operates both national and international flights in two continents. Popular destinations include:
- Canada: Toronto, Vancouver, Halifax, Calgary, Winnipeg, etc.
- United States: Miami, Seattle, New York, San Francisco, Honolulu, etc.
- Mexico: Cancun, Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, etc.
- Caribbean: Antigua, Aruba, Barbados, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, St Lucia, etc.
- Europe: Dublin (Ireland) and Glasgow (United Kingdom)
WestJet is always adding on to its list of destinations. With plans to acquire larger aircraft, WestJet is bound to add more great cities across the globe.
Every airline and travel company knows that a discount on flight and vacation prices can be the difference between packing your bags and vacationing on your couch. WestJet is no different from its competitors in their frequent deal offers and flight price cuts. The company usually runs several promotions at the same time. Watch for promotions that will save you cash on your flight as well as special vacation deals and packages. Find the current deals on WestJet.com under the "Deal" tab.
Want to make those great WestJet prices even better? Check out Dealguild.com for additional deals as well as coupon codes that can be used towards your booking. Previous codes have included great deals like:
- Get 20% off base fares
- Save 20% on economy flights
- Get 40% off Canadian destinations
- Get 15% off flights between Toronto and Vancouver
The thought of sipping cocktails on the beach might be distracting, but don't let it prevent you from following these quick steps to redeem deals and coupons! Once you've picked the deal you'd like to use, click on it and WestJet.com will open in a new tab on your browser. If your deal is a seat sale or promotion, you'll be automatically taken to the applicable page, where you will be able to book your flight at the discounted fare.
If your deal involves a coupon code, click on the deal, but be sure to go back to Dealguild.com and copy the revealed coupon code! With your coupon code in tow, enter your info into the "Book a Flight" box on WestJet.com. At the bottom of the box, paste your coupon code into the "Promo Code" field before clicking "Get Flights". All your flight options will reflect the value of your coupon, so select your trip and follow the steps to book!
- WestJet on Facebook: In typical WestJet style, this page is a whole lot of fun. Enter contests, see WestJet employees doing what they do best and get suggestions for your next trip abroad. Also get important updates on system issues, flight delays and cancellations and plenty of useful info.
- WestJet on Twitter: WestJet is active on their Twitter account daily and will reply to customer questions and concerns very fast. This is a must-follow feed for all frequent flyers, with useful reminders, travel tips, weather alerts and updates on flight delays.
- WestJet on Instagram: Follow WestJet on Instagram and you'll be tempted to pack your bags and book the next flight out. Pictures of beaches, food and exotic destinations.
- WestJet on YouTube: Love tear-jerkers? WestJet is known for their heart-warming ad campaigns and videos. See WestJet Christmas giving videos, their work with the Children's Wish Foundation and more!
Tel: 1-888-937-8538 (24/7)